The DAR is a women's service organization with a threefold mission of promoting historic preservation, education, and patriotism. Looking back through 2017, it is evident that members of the General Levin Winder Chapter NSDAR take this to heart. There have been many accomplishments in these three areas.
- Provided docents to St. Martin's Church for month of September
- Awarded Historic preservation recognition certificates to St. Martin's Church and Taylor House Museum
- Honored Amanda Elizabeth Dennis with Women in History Recognition Award
- Collected change at meetings for Seimes Technology Center which supports the preservation of genealogical records
- Held American History and Christopher Columbus essay contests. Local winners were entered in the state contest and awarded certificates of appreciation
- Held three meeting programs on American history and genealogy
- Donated to and assisted students with Snow Hill Middle School's National History Day Project
- Recognized Janice Ward of the Maryland Bluebird Society with Conservation Award
- Planted shrub at Costen House, Pocomoke City, for Arbor Day Celebration
- Collected Box Tops for DAR School: Crossnore School, Crossnore, NC
- Donated to Pet Therapy Program at DAR School: Crossnore School, Crossnore, NC
- Donated to medical fund of DAR School: Tamassee School, South Carolina
- Recognized our member Mary Jane Hastings with NSDAR Women in the Arts Award
- Held two meeting programs on Conservation and two meeting programs on Women's Issues
- Donated gift cards to veteran hurricane victims of Puerto Rico
- Recognized Star Charities and Jesse's Paddle Organization with donations and community service awards
- Made poppies which were distributed at Deer's Head Hospital Center Veterans Day ceremony as our Service Project for veterans
- Recognized Vietnam Veterans with certificates of appreciation and lapel pins at Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Event, Deer's Head Hospital Center Veterans Day Ceremony, and book signing at Ocean Pines Library (book about Vietnam written by veteran)
- Provided Veterans Day display for Snow Hill Library
- Recognized the ladies who crochet lap robes with appreciation certificates.
- Provided lap robes to VA hospitals and veterans with Coastal Hospice.
- Signed Christmas cards for active military personnel.
- Donated to NABVET chapter #0093 which provides black veterans with transportation to veteran medical facilities
- Endorsed NABVET chapter #0093 for state Outstanding Veteran Volunteer Award
- Recognized four high school seniors in Worcester County with DAR Good Citizen Awards
- Recognized two high school students in Worcester County with Silver Outstanding Cadet Medal and JROTC Bronze Medal
- Held two meeting programs on patriotism and National Defense